Friday, April 10, 2009

Vijaya Kamala Devi dasi

   I like to bring an event happened during safari conducted by our gurumaharaj in Madurai. As I am a native of Madurai , I happened to participate with the safari devotees.  I was very happy to see them and their devotional services because they come from various parts of the world. They were moving very close to gurumaharaj and were very eager to hear gurumaharaj lectures.

   One day gurumahraj described about jack fruit. He described the shape of the fruit- how the skin covered the individual fruits inside and how we have to take out with the bear hands like this. The climax was the sweetness of the fruit.  Since devotees were foreigners they couldn’t realize his description as they never saw the fruit.

   As I was sitting and hearing his lectures I realized very much that gurumaharaj taking much pain without showing the fruit to the devotees. After the class was over they were ready to honor prasadam. That time one mataji came and inquired me where could we get such fruit. Really I felt happy and I said that I didn’t have money in my purse for that. In reply mataji said that she could offer money to purchase the fruit.  I ran to market immediately bought one big jackfruit and it was given to gurumahraj. Gurumahraj felt very happy and there was no limit to his pleasure. While other devotees were honoring prasadam, gurumahraj took jack fruit on his shoulder and showed to devotees and told this was jackfruit. He walked through every row of prasadam hall. Finally he cut the fruit and distributed the fruits to all the devotees. Devotees enjoyed the fruit and as well as his affection. When I recollect gurumaharaja’s action by bearing jack fruit in his shoulders I can’t stop my laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction


Dear Devotees,
We dedicate this blog for the pleasure of all vaishnavas. The anecdotes collected here are from people residing in different part of the globe. Though physically thousands of kilometers apart yet there is one thing common in all of us, we feel inspired by HH Jayapataka Swami. Reasons could be different but object is same! We invite you to read these offerings and get stimulated. And as you enjoy reading these; please share the interactions with His Holiness that you treasure in this forum. Pen down your offerings to Tarini Radha DD (tariniradha@pamho.net), Chennai, South India.

Song with Translation

Song with Translation