Friday, April 10, 2009

Acyuta Rupa Das.

 I have had 3 encounters with GM.

 

1. Aug 2005 Birmingham Rata yatra. Initiation ceremony of my brother- Aravinda Krishna Das. I went to the cermony as brother with little knowledge about Iskcon. There we met GM for the first time.  humble, simple, sitting in the tent, chatting, laughing and very down to earth. I was amazzed by his lack of pirvacy and not showing of as many so called gurus do. He called me into the tent with my brother. He asked my name. I told him Aravinda. He then asked my relationship- I told him I am his brother. then he looked at my brother and asked him from which LILA did he want his name. He said Krishna Lila. He then thought for while and said his name will be Aravinda Krishna Das. I was shocked. then he replied- A devotee even initiated should never forget his family members. He inspired me and my wife- Iskcon is about familly, you can still be Grshastha and do seva in isckon. He was our building block in Iskcon. He then spent time with us before we left.

 

 Chatted,asked about my proffesion, my chanting, greeted us in tamil, impressed my inlaws. So it was amazing to see such a great character- spend time with us. I realised later- it is not easy to even go near him in India. How much wanted and important he is. He did not make us feel that he was big personality. He appeared simple/giving/caring/enthusiastic/open minded. Such a great quality-

an inspiration.

 

2.Then I met him at BHM ratha yatra  again in 2007. This time we were trying take shelter at his Lotus feet before getting initiated. I was worried he might say no. So I approached him with awe and reverance along wiht Nitai Charan prabhu. He stood up and came marching to wards me and then gave me big hug and lifted me up from the floor. I was breathless by his affectionat hug. He then placed my hand on my wifes head and blessed her too. GOD- I was inspired by his Mercy for the fallen souls like us. then he went on and gently ordered us to fall on his feet. He gave us the pranam mantra and adv to chant them daily. It was only 5 mins. But felt nice, warm, and loving. He is ever caring,loving,merciful,presnt for all,humble and warm. Totally nice to be near him. we both felt he has touched our lives with how simple you can live and be happy always just by offering care.

 

3.My 3rd enounter was Birmihgam Ratha yatra again in Uk. This time it was Aug 2008. The 10/08/08.Day of my initiation .A day most devotees remember. A special one as GM was yet remarkable and engraved his name on many devotee hearts- as it was going to be the last one of a kind for Birmingham and us.

 

Everyone is ready to serve him and have his mercy. So much love from the heart. He has touched many people’s lives. I could witness that. So real and deeply felt for Gurumaharaj.

 

Then it was our initiation time. But Lord Indra- made it all wet. For a moment I was thinking it was going to be cancelled. But it went on- by Krishnas Mercy. We were seated at the fire ceremony and having our initiation. So I knew GuruMaharaj will put in a request for name selection. So Nitaicharan Prabhu came and asked me which lila I wanted the name, I replied "Whatever GM desires". But deep inside I wanted Lord Nrsimhadevs name. So the time came and he gave me Acyuta Rupa Das. I was thrilled by the name- because it meant infallible or one who never lets his devotees down. Such a beautiful quality of Lord Krishna.

But I still felt Oh,I did not get Lord Nrsimhadevs name. I realised later- Acyuta is Lord Nrsimhadevs name.Vow!! Amazing!!I have heard Gurumaharajs pastimes and ability to sense others and their innerfeelings,in a way like Srila Prabhupada did. It happened to me Haribol. That is his quality- he is so

pure, he can sense others desires and  feelings and even thoughts. So much Empowered and yet very humble. Haribol.

 

Then it was getting late- it was 10pm. The whole place was filled with only few people. My son Haresh 3 yr old was playing with a devotee. GuruMaharaj came and was enquiring and speaking to him. My wife requested Gurumaharaj - a name for Haresh. Haresh replied to a devotee near by he likes Balaram. Gurumaharaj heard this but did not say anything. Then later on that night my wife insisted further and he said ok-he shall be called Haribaladev. Till date my son prefers to be called Haribaladev and he even proudly tells it is his Gurudeva who has given this name. Again it shows GMs memory/his attraction to children and kids love him as well. It is touching and nice to witness such great soul speaking and playing like a child himself..

 

We then went Nitai Charan Prabhus home- 1130pm. Still Bright,smiling, cheerful,now his mood was totally a relaxed person- more personal, you could see all the devotees were siting near him, talking to him like Vrajbasis- informal, casual still giving the due respect. Very different to what I had imagined GM to be. I was in the mood of Awe and reverence. But it was totally transformed- we were talking about the olympics/gold medal/news reporter/past Olympic winners and so on. Then GM put me in the spot light. HE asked me so you are Doctor. He started telling his symptoms in confidence and wanted to know if anything needs to be done. Ironic he mentioned one thing that still sits in my heart."Ihave a bitter sensation in my tongue"- Have I got Jaundice or Liver problems. Now looking back- he probably did know that something was not right in his body. He was able sense danger to a degree, but unfortunately I was not helpful and able to pick up the subtlness of his illness. I pray to Gurumaharaj- that one day he forgives me and certainly serve him better. Haribol. 

 

In summary that night- one could see his relaxed posture, Majestic look, childish face, ever smiling, glancing, giving Maha prasadh , casually chatting, yet questioning, Sharing, Laughing, peaceful, enthusiastic all through the night. Such amazing Personality-subtle and Lively. A Victory flag in our Iskcon Samraj.

 

These were his last sweet words before we left that night for a long journey back home-scotland. "Always remember of Krishna And Never forget him". Take care and Drive safely. "

 

Of all the Characters GM possess its his Loving fatherly nature that makes him

a wonderful person.He is big father bear who can  be hugged and cuddled.Thats

how I see him.  "He takes that extra time and effort to care and love everyone

around him -the secret of his beauty" Jay Gurumaharaj. Jay Prabhupada.

 

He leads by his example!! Hare Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction


Dear Devotees,
We dedicate this blog for the pleasure of all vaishnavas. The anecdotes collected here are from people residing in different part of the globe. Though physically thousands of kilometers apart yet there is one thing common in all of us, we feel inspired by HH Jayapataka Swami. Reasons could be different but object is same! We invite you to read these offerings and get stimulated. And as you enjoy reading these; please share the interactions with His Holiness that you treasure in this forum. Pen down your offerings to Tarini Radha DD (tariniradha@pamho.net), Chennai, South India.

Song with Translation

Song with Translation