Friday, April 10, 2009

Prema Bhakti Lata Devi Dasi

  My parents had given me the name ‘Premalata’ but I never liked it. I would introduce myself only as Lata. One time, the next day after Ratha-yatra, my mother introduced me to Guru Maharaj as ‘Premalata’. Guru Maharaj said, “You already have a spiritual name”. Only then I began to appreciate my full name and felt proud to use it thereafter.

    During the big pancha-tattva casting, there was a lot of official and financial pressure on me and thus I was sure I would not be able to make it for the installation of panchatattva. Hence I decided to go to Kumbakonam and have darshan at the time of casting. I went for the carving of Nityananda Prabhu and fortunately that time guru maharaj was also present. Later on after few months guru maharaj came for Chennai rathyatra. On noticing me, guru maharaj asked, “When did we meet last?” I replied during Nityananda casting. Guru maharaj said that the sthapati told him that Nityananda casting was 100% accurate and he added that it was because of my(!) presence that it happened 100%. I was very much touched by the humility of gurumaharaj and said that it was because of his divine presence that the casting was 100%. Such are the loving reciprocations of gurumaharaj with his insignificant disciples! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction


Dear Devotees,
We dedicate this blog for the pleasure of all vaishnavas. The anecdotes collected here are from people residing in different part of the globe. Though physically thousands of kilometers apart yet there is one thing common in all of us, we feel inspired by HH Jayapataka Swami. Reasons could be different but object is same! We invite you to read these offerings and get stimulated. And as you enjoy reading these; please share the interactions with His Holiness that you treasure in this forum. Pen down your offerings to Tarini Radha DD (tariniradha@pamho.net), Chennai, South India.

Song with Translation

Song with Translation