Friday, April 10, 2009

Shyama Kamini Devi Dasi

This happened to me when I was in mayapur. I was there for the guru puja. My turn came and I offered flowers to gurumaharaj. Maharaj kindly gave me prasadam and I went to the side and finished prasadam. Suddenly I realised that the queue for matajis was very small. My greedy propensities surfaced up and I thought of having some more prasadam for my family members. I went in the queue for the second time. But this time I had no flowers to offer. I just motioned my hands in a way as if offering flowers and spread my palms in front of gurumaharaj for Prasad. He didn’t look at me while I was pretending to offer flowers. But when I asked for Prasad he also responded by just a motion as if he is giving me Prasad. His hands were empty! I was so shocked and ashamed as I realised I was trying to cheat my own spiritual master. I sat there and started crying. I explained everything to him and begged forgiveness. He mercifully glanced at me and gave handful of prasadam.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction


Dear Devotees,
We dedicate this blog for the pleasure of all vaishnavas. The anecdotes collected here are from people residing in different part of the globe. Though physically thousands of kilometers apart yet there is one thing common in all of us, we feel inspired by HH Jayapataka Swami. Reasons could be different but object is same! We invite you to read these offerings and get stimulated. And as you enjoy reading these; please share the interactions with His Holiness that you treasure in this forum. Pen down your offerings to Tarini Radha DD (tariniradha@pamho.net), Chennai, South India.

Song with Translation

Song with Translation